Welcome to Hysteria Lane

This is the tale of a not-so-desperate housewife and the years following unexpected Motherhood. I hope you enjoy sharing the day-to-day struggles and triumphs of a Boho Mama and her singular miracle .

Please visit my cooking blog , too - SUNDAY DINNER

and my photo blog - PERSISTENCE OF VISION

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Running

Time is running out...

Tomorrow is my surgery.

I am having a laporoscopic supracervical hyterectomy. Or a good ol' fashioned abdominal if that doesn't work out. You see i have a fibroid uterus - one so heavy and laden with fibroids , big and small , that i am
not your ususal candidate for the least invasive and relatively 'new' type of surgery available to women these days.

No , gals , this isn't your Grandma's hysterectomy.
And i get a whack at it , because of my brave and talented doctor . He will try his very best to perform a minamally invasive surgery to remove my broken-down used car of a uterus and leave all of my other gadgets intact. Wish me luck - there are complications too numerous and gory to go into detail , suffice it to say i could use some prayers and a rabbit's foot . Otherwise , it is the not-so-nice option.

I am emotionally ambivalent about giving up my uterus. It has served me well , housing and nurturing my
precious angel of a son , against all odds and delivering him unto me , unscathed. I have avoided this surgery , running in fear from it for many years . And i have a child because i did. But now it is time to face my uterus and my fear.

Other than its one great triumph - my uterus has constantly been under attack , or colluding with the enemy to bring me down . Time to send it packing.
Like an abusive lover or an old pair of running shoes who do more harm than good .
All attachments, aside . Time to go.

Goodbye to you.
I bid you adieu .
The uterus ,that is , not 'you' .
I am not quite done here yet ........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in excellent hands and well-prepared!Be calm. Your doctor sounds great -- having confidence in your doctor makes it all a lot easier. I had confidence in mine (almost 10 years ago -- whew).
I think the laporoscopic procedure will go fabulously -- you know I am praying for you. xxx and hugs and another hug too. And lots of chocolate.
:-)

mandaroo63 said...

I'm wishing you a quick, and uncomplicated recovery. Sorry to hear you are going through this. That's really amazing that they can do this laproscropically. Take care....

Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck. You sound ready, or, as ready as one might hope to be prior to surgery and the removal of the uterus :-)

Sail Baby Sail

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers