Welcome to Hysteria Lane

This is the tale of a not-so-desperate housewife and the years following unexpected Motherhood. I hope you enjoy sharing the day-to-day struggles and triumphs of a Boho Mama and her singular miracle .

Please visit my cooking blog , too - SUNDAY DINNER

and my photo blog - PERSISTENCE OF VISION

Monday, March 19, 2007

Bathed in Light

This photo was taken when my son was 6 months old and it was easier for me to bathe him in the bathroom sink - he was growing fast but he still liked it even though he was practically spilling out the sides by then. I think it reminded him of being in the womb , all snug as a bug.

I remember the sunlight was streaming in through the skylight that day. It bathed his sweet skin in this ethereal golden velvet coat and i felt compelled to grab my husband and make him take this photograph then and there.

It has become one of our favorite photographs of him ( and we have amassed THOUSANDS, already !! ) It reminds me of one of those artistic Kohler sink ads.

He is the light of our lives and this photograph symbolizes how soft and gentle that light still feels to us. It is a light that comforts .
It is a light that washes us clean like children again.

inspired by Mama Says Om

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this the sweetest photo ever? seriously. a little angel

mandaroo63 said...

I love the tones. That is such a lovely picture.

Anonymous said...

I have tears. Such a beautiful picture; it says so much. I can almost see love cradling him in that sink.

tracey clark said...

That is sooo dreamy. What a wonderful shot.

Sail Baby Sail

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers